Speech Screening 4th May 2019
Are you unsure if your child needs speech therapy or do you as a parent need guidance and advice? Castle Medical Centre is here to help.
WHY SPEECH SCREENING?
Early identification of speech and language difficulties could help in providing support to the child in their communication and social development.
WHAT IS DONE IN SPEECH SCREENING?
The Speech Pathologist uses the screening process to:
- Identify children with difficulties in following instructions.
- Identify children unable to express language appropriate for their age.
- Identify children unable to understand language appropriate for their age.
- Identify children who have speech sound difficulties.
- Identify children with stuttering.
WHAT NEXT ?
- Based on the results, the Speech Pathologist, may suggest
- A speech and language assessment
- Speech therapy intervention
- Referral to medical or allied health professionals
$50 for a 30 minute session
To make a booking please call us on (02) 8865 0650